Hello friends:)                                                                                                                                                                      Week 4
It's been a crazy two weeks!  We left the MTC at 3:50 am and rode a bus to the airport. Then our flight got delayed and we had to wait for what seemed like forever!  Finally we made it to Colorado and had training, then we were assigned to our trainers. Then we had to drive 5 hours to get to Casper. I am serving in the Casper Wyoming YSA(Young Single Adult) ward with Sister Francom, which is really sad because all my pals are no where around me and Sister Smith is in Fort Collins. :(  But its okay, Sister Francom is super cool.  She's been out for 16 months so she like knows everything and is perfect at missionary work. I most definitely am not!  We are living with the Sister Training Leaders who are over the Casper 9th ward. They don't have an apartment for us which is tragic because I've got to live out of my suitcase for the next month. But they said they are working on it so we shall see how it goes. 

 The first day I taught my first lesson and I'm not super good at it yet, but I asked him to be baptized and he said he will work towards it, so that was awesome! We had another lesson with him on Sunday and the spirit was way strong, and I know he felt it. Also I went tracking for the first time which was really scary!  Sister Francom knocked the first three doors and they accepted the Book of Mormon and we got return appointments.  Then the one door I knocked the guy rejected me, haha!

Mostly I am just learning a lot, like that Wyoming has the strongest wind ever, and also there are bunnies everywhere here just running around!  The first time I saw one in the road I was so amazed. I thought someone lost their pet, and it didn't even phase Sister Francom, she was like "ya those are everywhere!". There are also deer running around everywhere. One if the members asked us if for service we wanted to shave his buffalo! I was super excited but I don't think Sister Francom wants to do it so we shall see. Also it's awkward in a YSA because most of them are older then me because I just graduated high school!  I love it though!

 I love learning and growing and being able to see the gospel work in people's lives! 
 Much love
Sister Walker  

Here is a statue of a buffalo I took a picture with, and one of me and my best pal before we left the MTC, this is my trainer.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog