Week 2

This week has been amazing and crazy! We got to watch Elder Hales(one of the twelve apostles) funeral so that was awesome and the spirit was so strong!   Also on Friday the apostles are coming to dedicate the new MTC buildings so that's going to be a super amazing experience! 

Funny story, on Friday my companion and I got back from TRC which is where we teach investigators and one of the other sisters from our district was studying on the couch so we hung out there with her. Her companion was showering then went to bed. So when we were going to go to bed the door to our dorm was locked. We were pounding on the door trying to wake Sister Burila up. We tried for like a hour to wake her up and finally gave up. So we were in the common area and made a bed out of the couches and had to sleep out there. We also made a sign so that we wouldn’t get in trouble. At like 3am a security guard came and said she could let us in. We woke up so fast!   She had the wrong key so she had to walk back to the front desk…45 minutes later we finally got In our room. We got 2 hours of sleep so the next day was rough!  
 Yesterday my companion had a crazy allergic reaction to something.   She got a crazy rash everywhere and her throat started swelling up so we had to go to the after hours clinic to see a doctor.   That was a adventure!

I have learned so much from being here!  Mostly I'm a baller at spike ball, haha!
On a serious note the spirit that you feel here is incredible, like you’d have to try hard to not feel it. Also we teach real investigators which are people learning about the church, but it's hard because we only teach them for a week and you want so badly for them to have the blessings that the gospel brings. Today we got to go to the temple which was an amazing experience as usual.  I felt the spirit testify to me over and over that I was in the right place doing what I was supposed to be doing.  Next week we go to Colorado which is super exciting!  Everyone please pray that my trainer is awesome!  So if I am not able to email next week that's why but I will try my best to. 

Much love 
Sister Walker 


P.S. This is the sign we made so we wouldn’t get in trouble, and my district




Comments

Popular posts from this blog